Review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Monday 29 December 2014


I love good foundation, it makes me feel good; feel comfortable; and feel that -I'm the most beautiful girl in the world-. Who doesn't like compliments on your skin, your makeup, or your outfit. I do, and I'm very enjoying that. 

My foundation collection is kinda large now, but however I still cannot stop to purchase the new one, because you know me, I'm such a big fan of trying different beauty products. Comparing to other Beauty Bloggers or YouTubers I'm such a 'good girl'. 

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation I've heard so many people talked about it, some good things but also some negative reviews, it kinda depends on the skin type that you have. In the description it said it's for normal to dry skin types, but I have combo skin, I still feel that this foundation is quite good on my skin, maybe I will get a little bit shiny on my T-zone after few hours, but it's totally fine for me, and I'm quite liking the natural shin that it gives . 

I got the color Deauville which is a light shade with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones, it's a little bit too lighter for me, but I still can make it work. 

The texture of the foundation is not too thick but also not as 'sheer' as its name. If you like using the water based foundation, this one may not for you. And it's also not oil free, so if you have oily skin, be sure that prime your skin at first or powder your skin afterwards. 

The foundation is definitely not sheer, but when it's on your skin, it feels very lightweight, not heavy, not greasy, and also not cakey. It's easy to blend into the skin. Due to the texture I prefer using a foundation brush to apply this foundation, your skin does really glow beautifully. 

Medium to high coverage, you can put more layers to cover up your spots or blemishes, but I like to use an another concealer, otherwise it may look a little bit cakey. 

The foundation has no smell, and is also fragrance free.

Actually I don't like to compare my foundation, because it's all different: the finish; the texture; the coverage; the smell; the brand; the feeling when it's on; and also the mood that you had on that day. All those things can affect you by choosing foundation. 

Overall, I'm quite happy with this NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.

Pros: 
  • Medium to high coverage
  • No smell, no fragrance
  • Beautiful package
  • Creamy consistency
  • Easy to blend
  • Not cakey, no heavy feeling on skin
  • Shades: both for pale and dark skin tone people
Cons:
  • Price
  • Hard to get in Belgium -only can purchase online- 
  • No pump 
  • The glass bottle is a bit heavy for traveling
  • No SPF
  • Not oil free

Price: €41,00 - 20 Shades in total - 30ml - No SPF - NO Pump



Before and After: 


Makeup that I'm wearing:

Foundation: Nars sheer glow foundation in the shade Deauville
Concealer: Nars radiant creamy concealer
Blush: Catrice defining blush 030 Love&Peach
Powder: Bourjois healthy balance powder 52 vanille
Brows: Gosh brow kit
Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupté Shine #6
Lip gloss: Gloss Volupté #202


post signature