Fresh Winter Makeup Look: Burberry Fresh Glow Compact Foundation

Monday 19 January 2015


Although I'm not a makeup expert, I still like to play around with my makeup. I always can rediscover some old products that I'd used a lot and when I re-used it I immediately fell in love with it again.

I'm such a big fan of fresh makeup look. You can wear it at day time, but it's so easy to transfer from day to night, by adding a dark lip color or a dark eyeshadow, you will look like an another person. 

When it comes to the word 'Fresh', to me I will instantly think of my base. Foundation plays such an important roll in your makeup look. I'm sure that no one like cakey makeup look, no one want to look like a fake person. If you want to get a fresh makeup look, you have to choose a lightweight base, such as this Burberry Fresh Glow Compact Foundation

It is a powder foundation. If you're not a big fan of powder foundation; but you have the same skin type of mine(combo); and you don't need to much coverage; and you like 'no makeup makeup look'. I will say why don't give it a try. You don't need to purchase this one, you can just try one from the high-street brands, and see how it looks on you. 

Actually I'm also not a huge fan of powder foundation, because I think firstly the coverage is not high enough to cover up your blemishes, acne marks or dark circles; secondly it lasts not that long as some long lasting liquid foundation; and last but not least the powder sometimes can make you look cakey and unnatural. 

But surprisingly I'm really impressed with this Burberry Fresh Glow Compact. The powder is very fine and when you apply it, you hardly feel that you are wearing any foundation on your skin. It gives you a light to medium coverage, but it's definately buildable. I like using The Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff it into my skin, it's super natural, evens out your skin tone, gives you a very fresh and glowing everyday makeup look. 

When I use the powder foundation I always make a little bit change in the steps. I like to use the concealer at first, and then apply the powder foundation afterwards. Because the powder not only gives you extra coverage but also sets the liquid products in place - such as your concealer -. Another change is that I will not use any mattifying powder to set my makeup, too much products can really make your look cakey and heavy. 
Shade: #32 Honey; Price: €50,00


Don't get lots of powder at one time, using a small buffing brush to get the right amount of product, and gentlely buff it into the skin. You can focus on the areas that you need more coverage, but - less is more - is always the key of a fresh and natural makeup look.

Before and After: 
PS.: the photos were taken in natural light, no filters and no editing

Products that I used in this makeup look:

Burberry Fresh Glow Compact Foundation: #No.32 Honey
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: Custard 
Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush: #14 Soft Pink 
MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme: Deep Dark Brunette 
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine: #6 
YSL Gloss Volupté: #202 


post signature