Winter Skincare Tips: How To Use Bio Oil

Friday 16 January 2015




Oil as a skincare product is quite popular since last year, it's a good news for people who has dry skin all year around, but for who - like me - has combo or oily skin, it's still a question. I have tried different oil products from different brands, such as the Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Kiehl's, it's made of pure essential oils, you use it at night instead of your night cream, it gives your skin a boost in the morning; the Bio Oil of the brand Bioil is also quite popular, I've heard many YouTubers talking about this product. 

I bought mine quite long ago, I started using it because I had few acne scars, and I heard this stuff can help to reduce the appearance of the acne marks. And this winter I rediscovered this product, then I found you can use it in many different ways. 

This Bio Oil is quite liquid, and very easy to absorbe into the skin. After applying it you don't feel heavy or sticky, but your skin looks smooth, glowing and plump.

1. Body Oli

It might be too heavy if you use oil on your face, but oil is actually a very good stuff to hydrate your skin. I like using this Bio Oil all over my body after shower, it absorbs into your skin very quickly without the sticky feeling. I also like to do a gentle massage, the smell of the oil makes me very relaxing.

2. Makeup Remover

This is an another way that I like using oil - to take off the makeup. Only few drops you can take all your face makeup off, without irritating your skin; without drying your skin out; without spending too much time. If you have very sensitive skin or your skin gets very dry by using the chemical pruducts, using oil to remove your makeup can help your skin calm down and moisturize your skin at the same time. 

3. Hair Oil 

As you can tell, if you buy one bottle of bio oil, you can save quite a lot of money on other items. Oil is not only the dry skin saver but it's also a good treatment for your hair, especially if you have very dry or damaged hair. Oil can not only give your hair a natural shine but also protect your hair from blow drying or styling by using the hot tools.

4. Setting Your Makeup

Powder can mattify your skin and absorbe the excess oil, but for people who has dry skin, it's kinda a problem to set the makeup in place but without the cakey looking. If my foundation looks a little bit cakey I like to use oil instead of powder to set the makeup. I wouldn't apply it all over my face, it's too oily, I will only use a tiny bit of the product to apply it around my nose, a little bit on my cheeks and underneath my eyes. It helps to set the foundation in place and make your look less cakey.  

5. Skin Booster

Like I mentioned earlier, the Bio Oil can use for the acne scars, stretch marks, and it also evens out your skin tone. I wouldn't recommend using it in the morning if you have oily skin, but it's definitely a good skin in a bottle to use in the evening. 

In Belgium you can purchase this Bio Oil in Kruidvat; in UK you can purchase it in Boots

Price: 
60ml - £8,99
125ml - £14,99
200ml - £19,99 


post signature