Morning Skincare Routine: 2015 Winter/Spring Edition

Tuesday 17 March 2015



If you spend 20 minutes on your makeup every day, then you need spend twice of the time on taking care of your skin. I truly believe that, no pain no gain. I have combination skin, during the day my T-zone tends to get a little bit oily, sometimes I have few spots or blemishes on my forehead or on my chin. But I do not have very bad acne problem. The products I like to use are most for oily to combination skin. BUT... this time of the year, my skin tends to get really dry and sensitive. I do not like using too many products on my skin in the morning, but I always pay extra attention to each step in my skincare routine. 

Step 1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micro-Exfoliant Astringent Lotion 200ml

This brand caught my eye since last year, I discovered its sunscreen in the summer time, so I thought why not to give its skincare products a go. Surprisingly I'm really liking use this toner and the cream from the same line. I've already purchased my third bottle of this La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micro-Eifoliant Astringent Lotion. I have to say this is my favourite toner by far to exfoliate the skin in a very gentle way. I only wash my skin with water in the morning, after that I like to use this toner to take off any dirtiness or extra oil that left on my skin. They do have a 3 steps skincare set for acne prone skin, if you want to know more about it, I will link my review here, in case you want to check out. 

Step 2. The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Eye Concentrate 10ml

I think I got this eye cream because someone from YouTube recommended it in her monthly favourite video, at that time I needed a eye cream, so I popped into The Body Shop store in Bruges and got this Drops Of Youth Eye Concentrate. The cream is very lightweight, especially comparison to the avocado eye cream from Kiehl's. Not sure about what I'm thinking of this product, and not sure if I'm gonna repurchase it after running out of this little tube. It can be a little bit hard to find the perfect eye cream in my opinion, I haven't found it yet, if you have any suggestions please let me know! 

Step 3. Yves Rocher Sérum Végétal Smoothing Day Care 50ml

Another new purchase from last month. I think I saw it in the ELLE magazine, they had a proper review of this Yves Rocher Sérum Végétal Ride & Eclat Cream. It seems to be very effective on the most women, so I went to the store and picked up a day cream from this Sérum Végétal line. This smoothing day care cream tents to help reducing the creases and wrinkles, and smoothing your skin texture. It's also very hydrated, perfect to use under your makeup as a foundation base. I like to apply it all over my face and down to my neck as well. 

Step 4. Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme CC Cream spf 10 30ml

Last step in my morning skincare routine which is also a preparing step for my makeup: Estée Lauder CC Cream. I'm really loving this product, it evens out my skin tone, so that I can use less foundation. It also has anti-aging effect, which is absolutely not a bad thing. I would like to call it as a skincare product rather than makeup product, because it can give some benefits to your skin. If you are interested in this Estée Lauder CC cream, I will link my review here.



post signature