My First Buy - Jo Malone Perfume

Sunday 3 May 2015


Jo Malone as a perfume brand sit in my mind for the longest time ever, I was always wanting to get my hand on it, unfortunately for some reason I just didn't get it when I was in London in January. I had never had chance to smell it and to get close to it, which is kind of a pity for me. 

Yesterday when I visited my friend in Brussels, I told my friend I wanted to visit the store which is called 'Senteurs d'Ailleurs', they do sell many exclusive brands, some of them are very hard to find in Belgium, and they do also have Jo Malone. I was super excited when I walked in, I thought this time I finally could smell it and feel the magic from a small bottle of perfume.

I chose the scent Peony & Blush Suède Cologne which I've never heard about it from YouTube. That is okay, perfume is such a personal thing, you really don't need to choose the most popular one, because we do have different feel to different fragrance. This is also why I do not shop perfume online, especially if I've never smelled it before. Trust me you have to smell it by yourself, sometimes it makes a huge difference when you heard other people described a scent and when you smell it by your own. I also smelled the most popular one 'Blackberry & Bay', and I don't like it, it is not my thing at all. I almost tried all the scent that they have in store, it was difficult to choose one that you really do like. 

How Jo Malone describes this scent:

'The essence of charm.  Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile.  Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower.  Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede.  Luxurious and seductive.'

This fragrance is very girly, it's not that sweety and fruity, more on the floral side I would like to say. It is more a summer spring scent. I'm not sure about the lasting power, I hope it can last a little bit longer. As you can tell the package is amazing, and you also get a little sample sized perfume to try out, the sales there are very friendly. If you live in Belgium, and you want to get some touch with Jo Malone, Senteurs d'Ailleurs is really a good place to try different fragrance, and get some know with the brand as well. 

The retail price of a 30ml Jo Malone perfume is €49,00 which is kind reasonable for perfume, to be honestly it is cheaper than what I thought, and it is also cheaper than if you buy it on the UK website.

It's my first Jo Malone perfume, maybe in the future I will add an another one (or two...), who knows. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, with family or friends, and see you guys very soon! 




post signature