Not Glittering But Glowing: Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base

Sunday 10 May 2015

We're always wanting achieve that glowing, healthy looking makeup look, skincare can help you to clear out your skin problems, but sometimes we need to add something extra to make skin look radiant, glowing and 'not that perfect' perfect. Though my oil combination skin in the summer time is already quite oily through the day, but I'm still on the way of hunting that 'something' which can make my skin glow, healthy but look natural. 

I have quite a lot different types of foundation, but I had never got chance to try a foundation base - not primer -. So last week when I passed by Ici Paris XL and saw they had some promotions were going on, as usual I just popped into it and grabbed something I don't really need - but still wanna try - it's kind weird, but that is for the most time when I went shopping. 

I love Clarins products, both makeup and skincare, the price is slightly affordable than other high-end brands. I wanded to try this Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base for quite some time, because I love my skin look glowing and radiant, even though I'm not a huge fan of highlighting my face. But sometimes you just feel that you need some glow to your life, and it really can brighten up your complexion, make you look more healthier. 

There are 3 shades available in store: #01 Rose; #02 Champagne; #03 Peach. I got mine in the shade #02, which is slightly on the yellow side, I also tried the #01, it's a little bit whiter, perfect for people who has fair skin tone. As the description it is a foundation base, you can use it under your foundation to add some extra luminous, or it can be worn alone. Of course it cannot offer you that full coverage look, but if you prefer a natural lightweight makeup look, or you just want to even out your skin tone and add some radiant, you can totally use it on its own. 
The texture of this product is quite creamy, but very blendable. I use my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Foundation Brush to apply it all over my face, it instantly brightens up my complexion. The coverage is quite sheer, but can still cover up some redness. On a daily basis I can totally use it alone, and maybe an another concealer to cover up my under eye circles, any spots, and around my nose. 

The shin that this product gives is not that noticeable, like some other highlighting products. It just bightens up your complextion, smoothes your skin texture, and gives you a very natural healthy look. This is also why I recommend it can use as a normal foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser. It's really a good base product to use for everyday makeup look. Very easy to apply, maybe the downside is the shade, but I think it suits the most skin tones. 

The product comes with a pump, which is very handy I think, I only used one pump to cover up my entire face, but certainly you can build it up to reach your level of glowing makeup look. You know the rules! 




I'm still wanting the one from Becca, but you know it is so expensive, and very hard to get in Belgium. Maybe somedays in the future I will push myself to get that one, but currently I'm very obsessed with this Clarins one. 



post signature