Peel That Off: Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel

Sunday 21 June 2015


Peel the skin off, it sounds very scary, but it seems does a pretty good work to renew the skin texture. Get the old dead cell off, and replenish the skin with vitamin c. From cleansing oil, cleansing balm, exfoliate mask to this Microdelivery Peel two sets product from the brand Philosophy, all we want is that soft and smooth skin texture. 
This in-home version of microdermabrading treatment is ideal for all skin types. Two steps, very easy to use, you only need 5 minutes every week to give your skin a deep cleaning. It contains vitamin c/peptide crystals, microdermabrading crystals and lactic acid. Vitamine c as a well-known skincare ingredient helps the skin more plump, the microdermabrading crystals help to exfoliate the skin and get the dead cell off, lactic acid can be a little bit hurting if you are extremely sensitive. 


It suggests to use these two steps once a week, too much is never a good thing. 

Step I: Apply a teaspoon amount to clean, dry skin, gently massage for 60 seconds, do not scrub. 
Step II: Place a genereus teaspoon amount in the palm of your hand, apply on top of crystals. A warming sensation will occur, this is normal. Then white foam will appear, leave foam on 2-3 minutes, you can massage it for extra effoliating benefits, or just let it sit for sensitive skin. Rinse off by warm water. 

To be honestly, I don't get that warm sensation at all when I first time applied it, not sure why maybe because I used a bit less than a teaspon. So second time I grabed a little bit more product, but still didn't get that warm feeling. I'm not sure is just me, or I just should apply more product next time. The result that I really can feel is the texture of my skin, after using it my skin is really soft and smooth, but sadly the blackheads or whiteheads are still there - I know they tent to be stubborn no matter what you do -. I'm not a person who really cares about the smell of the products, to me the result is the most important. The scent doesn't bother me, and I even couldn't tell what they smell like. 

Step 1
The step 1 is a yellow-ish very thick texture scrub, it can be a little bit irritating if you use too much pressure on your skin. The step 2 is  a clear gel, you use it to active the ingretients in step 1 - not sure which ingredient -. It can take a little bit longer than a normal exfoliating mask, but you definitely can see the changes and your skin feels really soft. 

I will continue use this 2-step product and hopefully it can help even out my skintone and make my pores a bit smaller. 



post signature